About Kimbrough Legal, PLLC
Attorney Tycha Kimbrough
“I am passionate about serving Texas families and helping Texans obtain a second chance.”
Managing Attorney – Tycha Kimbrough
Of Counsel Attorney – Amber Macias
Lead Paralegal – Salmai A.
Legal Assistant – Grace S.
Tychanika “Tycha” Kimbrough is the Founding Attorney of Kimbrough Legal, PLLC and an advocate for justice and social change. As a licensed Texas attorney, Tycha is a fearless, knowledgeable, and passionate advocate who commits to going above and beyond to serve her clients.
Tycha obtained her Juris Doctor degree and Professional Certificates in Criminal Law and Family Law from Baylor Law School. Tycha earned her Bachelor of Public Administration Degree, with high honors, from Texas State University.
While pursuing her law degree, Tycha interned for the Honorable Judge Hoffman at the 68th Judicial District Court, the Honorable Justice Alvarez at the Fourth Court of Appeals, the McLennan County District Attorney’s Office, and Greater Waco Legal Services. After graduating from Baylor Law, Tycha gained a plethora of knowledge while working at a personal injury law firm.
Tycha works tenaciously to serve her community. Some of her service and pro bono work includes leading voter education and registration drives, advocating for marginalized individuals, serving as a mentor, and volunteering with numerous legal organizations to ensure everyone has access to justice.
At a young age, Tycha became involved in grassroots community organizing and activism. Tycha is an advocate for protecting civil rights and criminal justice reform. Tycha enjoys spending time with her husband, networking, traveling, cooking, and blogging.
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association
- Austin Black Lawyers Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Travis County Women Lawyers Association
- NowThis News – 2020
- The Oprah Magazine – 2020
- KVUE News Austin – 2020
- KXAN News Austin – 2020
- Woman to Watch – Austin Womans Magazine – June 2020
- Baylor Law School, Juris Doctor, 2018
- Professional Certificate in Criminal Law
- Professional Certificate in Family Law
- Texas State University, Bachelor of Public Administration, magna cum laude, 2015
- Personal Injury Law Firm in Austin, Texas – Attorney
- Greater Waco Legal Services in Waco, Texas – Volunteer Intern
- McLennan County District Attorney’s Office in Waco, Texas – Misdemeanor Intern
- Fourth Court of Appeals in San Antonio, Texas – Judicial Intern
- 68th Judicial District Court in Dallas, Texas – Judicial Intern
- Austin Top Criminal Defense Attorney & Rising Start – Austin Monthly Magazine – 2020
- Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense – 2020
- 10 Best Law Firms for Client Satisfaction – American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Pro Bono Award – Texas Access to Justice Commission 2018
- Baylor Law Public Interest Fellow – Baylor Law School 2018
- Dean’s List – Baylor Law School 2018
- Baylor Law Steward and Bill Kimble Service Awards – Baylor Law School 2018
- Platinum Level in the Pro Bono and Public Service Program – Baylor Law School 2018
- Pro Bono College Membership – College of the State Bar of Texas 2017
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated
- New Leaders Council
- Neighborhoods First Alliance